The Thriver Workbook is designed to take you chapter by chapter, exercise by exercise through the steps of the journey to thriving. The exercises can be done together in a group and then shared out loud. Or everyone can work on an exercise at home and then bring it to the group's meeting to share the results.
- How often will you meet? When, and for how long?
- What should you do at each meeting?
- How will you keep the group going?
Should you ask for feedback from the group?
Most of all have fun and BE A THRIVER!
- Set up a regular time and place to meet. You can meet every week, once a month or more or less than that. You can meet in someone’s home or at a local library or community center. Let the room be as private as possible without feeling isolated or confining.
- How long will you meet? One to two hours is good. What will you do at each meeting? You could go through the exercises in order from Chapters One to Ten in the workbook. You could ask the group members to read the chapter before the meeting and write out the exercises to bring them to share at the meeting. Or at each meeting, you could read the chapter aloud, take time to do the writing exercise, and then share what each person has written in the group.
- Make the group meetings fun! Think up a silly, fun name for your group! Include some time to check in about how everyone is doing, and make sure everyone is able to relax. Share babysitters or arrange carpools to the meetings if that makes it easier for everyone to attend. You can also have a potluck meal before or desserts after the meeting so that everyone feels good about your gathering.
- Keep the support going for the group. After you have new goals set for yourself (See Chapter Ten, "Setting New Goals to Thrive"), the group could agree to continue to meet so that you can support each other in getting your goals accomplished.
- Get feedback on how the group is working for everyone. Ask for constructive criticism about the group and listen carefully for what you can do to help everyone feel comfortable. You can all be thrivers together!